Here’s a list of the stuff I used to make this site.
- Yst builds the site. I’ve written about yst on my blog: Part I, Part II.
- Google Web Fonts supplies the fonts. I use Bitter and Droid Sans Mono.
- Ubuntu is my operating system.
- Emacs makes writing stuff easier (eventually).
- rsync puts my stuff online.
- The “link” icon is designed by David Waschbüsch for Noun Project.
- The “download” icon is also from Noun Project.
Useful website related links
- HTML Dog is a good resource for HTML tags and CSS properties information.
- A List Apart also contains a bunch of nice articles about making nice looking websites.
- While we’re on the subject, check out this (sadly defunct) project to apply Bringhurt’s Elements of Style to the web.
- You should make sure your website validates on the w3c website.
My web presence
- I have a blog which lives over here. This is mostly stuff about philosophy or various techie geek-out projects.
- The odd photo gets put online on Flickr.
I have also contributed to a couple of group blogs.